What would YOU do?

My brain hurts.

It is numb.

Must be the battalion of thoughts up there at war with one another.


“Whew!  Feels GREAT to have that stupid for sale sign out of the yard!”

“What do you MEAN it feels great?  Didn’t you want to MOVE?”

“At first yes, but it’s really starting to feel like HOME here now.  Noelle’s in school again – 2nd grade.  She’s got lots of friends here.  She loves school.  And she’s signed up for soccer.  She loves soccer here.”

“But, she was excited to take gymnastics in New Town!  Her Daddy was going to hook her up!”

“She can do that here!  There are LOTS of places!”

“Not for FREE!”

“True, true.  But, she signed up to be in Girl Scouts here, too!”

“They’ve got that there, too!”

“I know.  Hubby’s family is so happy and relieved that we’re staying, though.”

“But Mandy, YOUR family is very disappointed that you aren’t moving!  Not to mention your sister who envisioned moving there someday soon as well, and having you all being together again.”

“Oh, I know, but Hubby isn’t the happiest right now with this situation, and is ready for it to be over.”

“Me too, but he can always find something new there!”

“Ugh.  True.  But, the SHOWINGS!  Aren’t you sick of the SHOWINGS!?”

“Yes.  That I am.  Ok.  You win.  It’s a sound choice.  It’s been a year.  We’ve had enough.  Heart, be at peace!  Let’s move on with life!  Be free!”


End scene.

*phone call* – ring, ring!


“Hi, I know we just took your house off the market, but….

We’ve got a couple who says you’re at the top of their list, and they are BEGGING me for a second showing, and may want to make an offer.”



That was my initial reaction.





Is this a sign? 

Is this opportunity knocking?

Or am I just being screwed with?

I honestly didn’t know what to say.

I told her no at first, but then relented under her extreme pressure. 

(No joke.  The lady knows how to pressure a person by saying little to nothing in response to my *spoken* internal battles.)

So, I agreed to the showing.

Hubby was pissed.

He says that I should have stood my ground, and told her no – that we were done.

What would YOU do?



*Any and all suggestions will be read and taken with a grain of salt.  This is, of course, a major, life-altering decision.  Please no, “woulda, shoulda” comments.  But, please DO comment!  I am feeling a little lost!*

Published in: on August 19, 2008 at 9:15 pm  Comments (6)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://derekandmandy.wordpress.com/2008/08/19/what-would-you-do/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

6 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. OMG! I would have blown a gasket myself I think. Or had a nervous breakdown. I probably would have done the same thing though. You worked hard to get that house on the market and keep it nice throughout all of the showings. Look at it as a sign. If they buy it was meant to be. If they don’t, you can finally put it all behind you and be done with it, once and for all. : )

  2. I’m so sorry I’m so behind. I had no idea you all had decided to stay (yay for me!), and how frustrating to get a call like that after you’d made the decision.

    If it were me…I don’t know that I’d have done anything differently than you. Are these people going to make an offer?

  3. Crap, what a difficult situation to be in.

    If they make an offer, what will you do then?

  4. Nothing sucks more than showing after showing and getting nowhere. We’ve been on the market for 3 years and have ahd countless showings. Each one gets my hopes up. I stress over cleaning and preparing only to have my parade rained on with “bedrooms too small” or “too close to busy street”. But I really do want to move so I keep at it. Even though it pisses me the frick off every time.
    Don’t know if that’ll help but at least you know someone else feels your pain. 🙂

  5. Oh. I cannot imagine. I think you did right – if that’s what you want?

  6. Hi Mandy, I’m sorry this is so hard.
    I would laugh at it, seriously. It’s just so bizarre and out of your hands that it’s to the point of (eventually) funny. Here’s what I would think if I were you: One more showing is not going to hurt a darn thing if they don’t make an offer. One more showing WITH an offer, the offer had BETTER be a good one, right? I mean, you have, “We’re not moving” on your side, so, if they want to buy your house, it will cost them what your home is worth, and if they don’t take it, then, who the heck cares, you’re happy there and you’re moving forward. If they give you a really good offer, above reason in this market even, then, look at it as a gift and move forward with your Northern Movement,and pray that his job improves.
    That’s how I’d look at it. Again, sorry that it’s going down like this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: